Marshmallow Bars: Mello S'mores Bars
You might've had a traditional s'more but have you had it as a cookie??
One great thing about this chocolatey treat is that you can cut and pack little pieces of it up for later.
And if you want the "fresh baked" effect, just heat it up in the microwave.
Mello tip: Try throwing a scoop of non-dairy vanilla ice cream on top for the ultimate warm and fuzzies.
We adapted this recipe from Nora Cooks!
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (we used coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (soy or coconut milk is fine)
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips (we used mini chips)
- 10 vegan Funky Mello Vanilla Marshmallows diced in quarters
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, brown sugar, vanilla and almond milk until smooth.
- Now add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix with a large wooden spoon until combined.
- Add 2/3 of the cookie dough into the pan and push it down evenly with your hands. (If it sticks, wet your hands slightly as needed.)
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough (leave 1/4 cup for the top).
- Now add the marshmallows, evenly, on top of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cookie dough on top, as well as the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. (May also broil for just a couple of minutes to make the marshmallows even more toasty, but watch closely so it doesn't burn!)
- Let cool for 10 minutes or so before slicing and serving. Enjoy!