Marshmallow Blondies: Chocolate Chip Chickpea
Here's a recipe that we paired with Funky Mello vanilla marshmallows, but you can totally bake them in too!
Shoutout to Ambitious Kitchen for this tasty vegan gluten free blondie.
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a food processor, process all ingredients except chocolate chips until batter is smooth.
Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with sea salt then cut into squares.
Store covered in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.