Marshmallow Pancakes: Coco-berry-nana Pancakes
When you think of marshmallows, you might think of dessert. Or maybe a snack.
But how about breakfast?
Mellos for Breakfast
Pancakes are one of our favorite breakfasts. Mainly because all of the ways you can customize them!
Ever had s'mores as a pancake? Check out this recipe and just replace the flour and graham crackers with gluten-free alternatives.
Or do what we did: make any flavor your funky heart desires, stack 'em up, and melt a few Funky Mello vegan marshmallows in between!
The flavor we chose was banana, and we sprinkled some dried blueberries and coconut shreds in the batter. We called them coco-berry-nana cakes! YUM!!
Pictured: Coco-berry-nana pancakes with vanilla mellos
Here's the recipe to recreate it; and don't be afraid to add your own spin.
- Blend 1 overripe banana, 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour, 1/2 cup almond flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, pinch of salt and blend again until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Toss in 1/4 cup of dried blueberries and 1 tablespoon of dried coconut shreds.
- Oil a pan and preheat on medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter and pour onto the hot pan.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Warm up a few mellos separately in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, place them in between your stack of cakes, and lightly press down for some ooey gooey goodness.
- Serve with syrup, extra toppings, and enjoy!
Makes 6 pancakes.