· By Claudia Ahawo
S'mores Bar Recipe
Happy National S'mores Day! Check out @ratedvfood's vegan S'mores Bar Recipe for the best new way to eat a classic summer treat!🍫
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Flax Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3 graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Two 2–ounce chocolate bars (the extra big, extra-thick size)
- One @funkymello marshmallow cream
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cookie Base: Beat the coconut oil or butter and both sugars. Mix in the flax egg and vanilla. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- Make a top layer: Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the pan. Lift out the parchment with the dough on it and set it aside – this will be your top cookie layer.
- Assembly: Line again with parchment and press the remaining dough into the bottom of the pan. Layer with the chocolate bars, peanut butter, and marshmallow creme. Gently flip and place the prepared top cookie layer onto the top of the bars and peel the parchment off the top.
- Bake: Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Resting Time: For the cleanest slices, I like to let the bars rest for 4-6 hours or give them a bit of time in the fridge so they can solidify enough for a clean cut! More info in the notes.