· By Funky Mello
Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallow Creme
Sweet Potato Casserole
Serve this vegan sweet potato casserole topped with marshmallow creme as a delightful side dish for your Thanksgiving feast. Watch it disappear as everyone enjoys the delicious combination of sweet potatoes and gooey Funky Mello marshmallow goodness!
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Funky Mello Marshmallow Creme (we like using vanilla or chai for this recipe!)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Boil the diced sweet potatoes until they are fork-tender. Drain and let them cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the mashed sweet potatoes. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture to a greased casserole dish, spreading it evenly.
- Spoon the marshmallow creme mixture evenly over the sweet potato mixture in the casserole dish, creating a smooth layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the marshmallow creme is lightly golden.
- Allow the casserole to cool for a few minutes before serving. The marshmallow creme will firm up slightly as it cools.